Beaphar Worming Syrup is a chocolate flavoured syrup for the safe and effective treatment of roundworms in puppies and kittens from 2 weeks old. Beaphar Worming Syrup is a UK authorised veterinary medicinal product.
Beaphar Worming Syrup
Weigh your pet before treatment to accurately establish the correct dosage. You can do this by weighing yourself, and repeating whilst holding your pet, on the bathroom scales. The difference is the weight of the pet.
Worming Syrup may be given directly into the corner of the mouth, or mixed in a little food. The remainder of the meal should be given afterwards, to ensure all syrup is taken.
Shake the bottle before use. Remove lid and fit dispensing pump. Prime the pump by slowly depressing the plunger 5 times. Once primed, each ‘pump’ depression administers sufficient syrup for 0.9kg bodyweight. For every additional 0.9kg of bodyweight, an extra single pump volume should be administered.
The majority of puppies are born with worms, and kittens can become infected while suckling from mum. Therefore, puppies and kittens should be treated for roundworms at 2 weeks of age. They should be retreated at 4, 6,8,10 and 12 weeks old, and thereafter at 2-3 monthly intervals. Adult dogs and cats should be treated at 3 monthly intervals. Nursing females should be wormed at the same time, and as frequently, as their puppies and kittens, until weaning.
Storage: Keep out of the reach of children. Do not store above 25°C. Retain all packaging until all of the medicine has been used. Dispose of used packaging and any unused product in the household rubbish.
Safety: Do not repeat treatment if vomiting occurs shortly after dosing. Consult a Veterinary Surgeon before treating pregnant animals or those with a history of epilepsy or severe renal dysfunction.
If signs of disease persist or appear, consult your Veterinary Surgeon. Wash hands and exposed skin after use. Following accidental skin or eye contact, wash the affected area with plenty of water. If irritation persists, seek medical advice. Following accidental ingestion, drink plenty of water and seek medical attention.