During pregnancy and nursing, bitches need a food that is adapted to their special nutritional requirements. Puppies too need a supplementary diet from four weeks of age that supports them during the sensitive weaning period when they get used to solid foods. Royal Canin Starter Mousse was specially developed for the nutritional requirements of bitches and puppies. The fine, unique texture of the Royal Canin Starter Mousse makes food intake smooth and easy.
Royal Canin Starter Mousse Mother & Baby:
- Dog food with adjusted nutrient density and energy contents
- For bitches during pregnancy and lactation
- For puppies from weaning stage
A female dog's weight and size will increase dramatically in the last 3-4 weeks of pregnancy and the bitch will need more food to keep herself going. Offer several small portions a day, as pregnancy will prevent her from taking in large amounts of food at once.
During lactation, bitches need the right amount of energy for milk production, and lots of water. A generous energy intake will prevent weight loss. Regardless of the size of the litter, a lactating bitch needs 2 to 3 times her usual energy intake. She therefore needs a food with the right nutrient density and energy contents.
Puppies can be fed semi-solid food from three to four weeks of age. Puppies are now developed enough to be needing less maternal milk and take in more and more solid food. Puppies will imitate their mother's feeding behaviour. At the same time, the mother dog's energy requirements will decrease, meaning she needs less food.
Royal Canin Starter Mousse can be fed as a sole feed or in combination with Royal Canin Starter dry food. The Birth Programme, inspired by professional research, is a unique nutritional solution which helps meet the needs of the bitch and her puppies during the first five stages of their life cycle: gestation, birth, lactation, weaning, and growth up to 2 months old. The Start Complex contains valuable nutrients and essential additives that help to secure puppies' digestive security. In addition, the natural defences are supported in their development.
Royal Canin Starter Mousse:
- Super-soft, moist dog food in convenient ring-pull can
- For pregnant or nursing bitches: their special nutritional requirements are met by the adjusted nutritional profile with high nutrient content and energy density
- For puppies: a helpful support during the weaning phase, from three to four weeks of age
- Start Complex: a special combination of nutrients present in maternal milk and special additives supports digestive security and puppies' immune system
- Feeding: may be fed as a sole food or in combination with Royal Canin Starter dry dog food
Meat and animal by-products, grains, vegetable by-products, oils and fats, milk and dairy products, minerals, yeast.
Additives per kg:
Nutritional dietary additives:
Vitamin D3 (100 IU), E1 [iron] (6mg), E2 [iodine] (0.28mg), E4 [copper] (2.3mg), E5 [manganese] (1.7mg), E6 [zinc] (17mg).
|arachicdonic acid||0.04 %|
|biotine (vitamin H)||0.1 mg|
|folic acid||0.4 mg|
|linoleic acid||0.84 %|
|niacin (vitamin- B3)||20.0 mg|
|omega-3 fats||0.15 %|
|omega-6 fats||0.9 %|
|pantothenic acid||10.0 mg|
|plant fibers||1.2 %|
|vitamin A||10.0 IU|
|vitamin B1 (thiamine)||1.0 mg|
|vitamin B12 (cobalamin)||0.02 mg|
|vitamin B2 (riboflavin)||2.0 mg|
|vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)||1.0 mg|
|vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||50.0 mg|
|vitamin D3||200.0 mg|
|vitamin E (tocopherol)||120.0 mg|
|calories that can be burned||974.0 kcal|
|dietary fibre||1.2 %|
|DHA fatty acid||0.08 mg|
|nitrogen-free extracts||2.5 mg|
Royal Canin Starter Mousse Mother & Baby is a complete food for dogs.
Feed Royal Canin Starter Mousse as a sole food or in combination with Royal Canin Starter dry dog food. Spread the recommended feeding amount over several meals per day.
Bitches: 2 meals per day
Puppies: 4 meals per day
Remove any leftovers after an hour.
Feeding amount per day:
Starter Mousse for puppies (cans) as a complete food, with an expected adult weight of 4-5kg:
|Puppy's age (in weeks)||Cans per day|
|3 - 4||1/4|
|4 - 5||1/2|
|5 - 6||1 + 1/4|
|6 - 7||1 + 3/4|
|7 - 8||2|
Cover any unused Starter Mousse with a thin layer of water and seal the opened can with cling film. Store in the fridge and keep for a maximum of 24 hours. Reheat to room temperature before feeding.
Always provide plenty of fresh drinking water.
Royal Canin Starter Mousse 195g
- I'm a product detail. I'm a great place to add more information about your product such as sizing, material, care and cleaning instructions. This is also a great space to write what makes this product special and how your customers can benefit from this item.